It has never been a better time to travel. Hotels are offering incredible packages and including special value add-ons. Airfares to foreign countries are more affordable. Gas prices have dropped for the time being. Overall this is an ideal scenario, even in this down economy, for those hoping for a little R&R and pampering away from home.
Luxury travelers can find exceptional deals right now. Below is a list of five travel deals ranging from a night at the ultra-chic Winvian in Connecticut to a New Zealand experience at the world-renowned Huka Lodge to an exclusive stay at one of Wimco’s luxe Caribbean villas, among others…
New Zealand Adventure
1) The Ideal Time for US Travelers to Visit New Zealand: It’s autumn in New Zealand and Huka Lodge, the country’s premier luxury lodge located in Taupo on the north island, is featuring low season rates from NZ $730 per night (US $432 as of May 18). This rate (per couple) includes full country breakfast daily, evening cocktails and a five-course dinner at the lodge’s fine dining restaurant. To date, Air New Zealand’s round-trip fares on select dates this summer and fall were as low as $781.50 from Los Angeles to Auckland. www.thehukaretreats.com.
New England Pampering
2) A Night of Pampering in CT’s Litchfield Hills: Winvian, Connecticut’s luxe private resort featuring 18 whimsical cottages, now features a special a la carte nightly rate starting at just $699 per couple (a savings of $750 off regular all-inclusive rates). Included in the rate are a full gourmet breakfast and a fully-stocked in-cottage mini bar (chock full with wine, beer, champagne and all the fixings for fabulous cocktails). www.winvian.com
3) A Kennebunkport Cottage Retreat: Hidden Pond, Kennebunkport’s newest luxury resort, features 14 two-bedroom cottages, each decked to the nines with fabulous screened porches, outdoor showers, fireplaces and gourmet kitchens. It’s the ideal spot for a coastal New England holiday. Nightly rates (per cottage; up to five persons) are from $395 to $695 based on month of travel and include a gourmet breakfast basket with freshly baked goods, juice, coffee and newspaper, evening bonfires and Beach Safaris. www.hiddenpondmaine.com.
4) Exploring the DR’s untouched Samana Peninsula: One of the Dominican Republic’s most beautiful destinations is the Samana Peninsula on the northeast side of the country. This undiscovered area is home to The Peninsula House, the DR’s first small luxury hotel and one of the Caribbean’s most unique private retreats. Through fall 2009, The Peninsula House is offering a special Book Five Nights and Receive a Sixth Night on the House package for $2,600 per couple including a full European breakfast daily. This represents a savings of nearly $100 per night. www.thepeninsulahouse.com.
5) Caribbean Villa Deals: Wimco, the world’s leading villa rental company, is featuring some exceptional deals throughout the Caribbean and Europe. Through fall 2009 Wimco is featuring highly popular Value Villas deals available throughout the Caribbean with villa rental rates starting at under $100 per room, per night. Villa vacations offer guests space, value and privacy and are perfect for group travel, honeymoons, small destination weddings and family travel. www.wimco.com.
Source: Widness & Company