Head to one of Mexico’s most exclusive beach spa resorts and enjoy the last remaining days of summer with special savings from Ceiba del Mar, an award-winning property in Mexico’s exotic Riviera Maya.
Now through the end of September, spend one night at the boutique Ceiba del Mar and get the second night free. Accommodations include 88 plush and intimate ocean-view rooms and suites, including junior and master suites with private terraces and a penthouse with a plunge pool. Each guest residence at Ceiba del Mar is beautifully decorated with Mexican painted tiles and hardwood furnishings from Guadalajara. Room and suite amenities include:
• A balcony or terrace and hammock.
• Large sitting areas.
• Walk-in showers and separate bathtubs.
• Organic bath products.
• Complimentary wireless Internet.
• Twice daily housekeeping service.
• 300 thread-count Premium Cotton linens and pillow menu.
• Complimentary in-room morning coffee daily.
• Nightly turndown service with Mexican handcrafted gift.
• International cable TV and DVD/CD player.
• 24-hour room service, including breakfast discreetly delivered to each room through a hidden door.
• Personalized mini-bar service upon request at an extra cost.
• And a complimentary glass of champagne upon arrival for adult guests.
Room rates start at $129 plus 19% taxes and a 5% service charge based on double occupancy and include European Plans with daily breakfast or Luxury Gourmet Plans with a-la-carte meals at the resort’s restaurants, as well as snacks and premium beverages such as wine by the glass and top-shelf liquors. (Offers do not include room service or mini bar purchases.)
With its own private beach overlooking the Mexico Caribbean along with an attentive staff including personal butler services, as well as on-site restaurants and pool, and a luxurious spa, Ceiba del Mar is the ideal resort for families, couples, and girlfriend getaways looking for an end-of-summer getaway. The property, located near Cancun, made Conde Nast Traveler’s 2010 Gold List as “One of the World’s Top Places to Stay,” and offers a host of amenities such as a half-mile private beach, indoor/outdoor dining and a full-equipped fitness center. Other amenities include:
• Swimming pool with ocean views and aquafit classes.
• Swim-up bar.
• An oceanfront meditation palapa for Pilates, yoga and meditation classes.
• And complimentary land/sea sports equipment such as bikes, kayaks and snorkeling gear.
Ceiba del Mar is also the perfect getaway for spa-goers. The Spa at Ceiba del Mar is a holistically focused facility offering Mayan-inspired spa therapies and its own natural and organic product lines. The spa includes a purifying hydrotherapy circuit with sauna, plunge pools, indoor heated Jacuzzi and steam room, as well as six spacious treatment rooms and a couple’s suite with private lounge and Jacuzzi terrace. Mayan-inspired spa treatments include:
• Top‘Nikte Massage with an aromatherapy body wrap.
• Ook T’on Revitalization with a sea salt exfoliation to the legs and feet followed by a reflexology massage and a volcanic clay masque.
• Balsamic Mayan Massage with custom essential oils blended to restore vitality and applied in a specific raindrop style sequence along the spine activating the healing powers of the central nervous system.
The spa also offers guests the chance to experience an authentic Temazcal Ceremony, an ancient Mayan cleansing rite that takes place at sunset inside a terra-cotta sweat lodge on Ceiba’s beach. This unique ritual begins with a seaside chant, an ancestral sounding of the conch shell, an offering of flowers, and concludes with the reading of hot volcanic stones, which together with an infusion of steam-inducing aromatic herbs, is used to cleanse and purify the mind, body and spirit.
For those looking to explore the area near the resort, off-site activities can be arranged such as a snorkeling visit to the National Reef Park in Puerto Morelos, which is the second largest coral reef in the world, or a trip to the Crococun (crocodile reserve) with hundreds of crocodiles, as well as dozens of white-tailed deer, spider monkeys, snakes, spiders, and birds. And if you are looking for something really adventurous, Ceiba del Mar can arrange an Extreme Canopy Adventure in Selvatica, which is considered to have some of Mexico’s fastest, highest and longest zip lines.
Ceiba del Mar’s Labor Day savings, which go through the end of September, offer guests an affordable way to enjoy one of Mexico’s most luxurious seaside resorts. Room rates start at $129 plus 19% taxes and a 5% service charge based on double occupancy.
For more information about Ceiba Del Mar Beach & Spa Resort, which was included on Conde Nast Traveler’s 2009 and 2010 Gold Lists, earning perfect scores of “100” in “Best Rooms” and “Best Service” categories for Mexico, visit www.ceibadelmar.com, or call 1-800-490-0883.