Togwotee Mountain Lodge is pledging a “no snow, no show” guarantee. For the first time guests can cancel their winter reservations at no cost within 72 hours of their trip in the event of poor snow conditions at the resort.
Snowmobilers and vacationers who book now can also receive a 25 percent discount off the room and sled through the Friends of Togwotee special, available through Feb. 11, 2010. The discount is available on all room types, and both guided and unguided snowmobile rentals qualify. The Friends of Togwotee 25 percent discount is also available on the Togwotee Winter package.
Togwotee Mountain Lodge, a mountain resort nestled high above Jackson Hole, WY in the mountains of the Bridger-Teton National Forest near Yellowstone National Park, accumulates hundreds of inches of fresh powder each year. The snow season starts in mid-December and snowmobilers have the best chance of avoiding crowds and experiencing fresh snow on the trails through January. Togwotee Mountain Lodge refreshes its fleet every year and has added 30 new powder sleds this year from Arctic Cat and Polaris, available to rent at some of the lowest prices ever offered.
Togwotee Mountain Lodge’s Winter package includes:
- A one-night stay at Togwotee Mountain Lodge in any available room
- Free transportation to and from Jackson Hole and/or the airport when booking three nights or more; guests staying less than three nights can arrange transportation for a minimal fee.
- Social Hour from 5-6:30 p.m. for each overnight stay; includes hosted bar with domestic draft beer, basic well drinks, and wine, along with appetizer selections.
- Dinner each night at Grizzly Steakhouse or Red Fox Saloon. Guests can choose from any entrée with the steakhouse menu including prime rib, pasta dishes, salads, soups and appetizers and the saloon offering grill items like burgers, sandwiches, chicken fingers and various appetizers. Dessert and fountain sodas also included.
- Breakfast each morning at the Grizzly Steakhouse for a full-spread, hot breakfast buffet. Menu items include eggs, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, bacon, sausage, fruits and yogurts, cereals and pastries.
- Premium Guide Service (snowmobile tours must be booked separately; guided or unguided snowmobiles qualify) Once guests finish breakfast, they can join a guided group for advanced backcountry riding or a scenic trail ride. Guided groups depart daily at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. for half-day tours in the afternoon. Guests are matched based on their experience and riding style, with each group limited to 10 guests per ride. The guide service is included every day. A guide can be arranged for an early arrival or late departure for a minimal fee. Guided trips return by dark between 4-4:30 PM everyday. We do not permit night riding in the mountains on our rental fleet, nor is it recommended with non-rentals. Guide service must be reserved 30 days prior to arrival. Bookings within 30 days are subject to availability.
For more information or to book the package please call 866-292-6720 or visit www.togwoteelodge.com/specials.
Disclaimer: The Friends of Togwotee Winter package is available through Feb. 11, 2010. Based on promotional availability at the time of booking. Some restrictions may apply. Black-out dates: January 16–18. Package reservations require a deposit of $250/person for package (1st night stay for room only) and $250/snowmobile.
*Special “Snow Guarantee”: Poor snow conditions allow for a more lenient cancellation policy and for guests to cancel 72 hours prior to arrival. Standard cancellation (14 days) applies unless poor snow condition is determined. The level of snow condition to qualify for poor will be determined by the property. Guest must call the lodge to cancel. If a guest cancels outside of 14 days from the reserved arrival date 95 percent of the deposit will be refunded, unless the snow conditions are poor, then 72 hours prior.
About Togwotee Mountain Lodge
Nestled at an 8,600-foot-elevation high above Jackson Hole in the mountains of the Bridger-Teton National Forest, Togwotee Mountain Lodge (www.togwoteelodge.com) is known as the world’s premier snowmobile resort in the winter. Two-and-a-half million acres of National Forest provide a variety of terrain for western deep powder snowmobiling. During the summertime, the lodge offers horseback riding, fishing, hiking whitewater rafting and bike tours. “Togwotee” stands “lance thrower” or “exactly there,” and was named by a Shoshone Indian Guide who scouted the area for Captain Jones. Togwotee Mountain Lodge is open from late May to early October, and again from early December to early April.