Navigate Oceania, the collection of 28 inspired New Zealand and Fiji luxury lodges, retreats and private islands announces for 2009 eight new luxe individually themed experiences. Discover New Zealand and the Pacific with up to 40% exchange rate discounts on the US$ and UK₤ from six months ago. Rediscover adventures and experiences with new luxe themes of Spa, Culture, Wilderness, Adventure, Discoverer, South Pacific, Wine and Gourmet.
Karine Thomas, Director of Navigate Oceania said “Never has the time been more right to visit New Zealand and Fiji with unprecedented exchange rates of 40% less than just 6 months ago. NOW is the time to discover the very best lodges, retreats and private islands of New Zealand and Fiji. In New Zealand, travel from your lodge by private light aircraft to whale watch in the Pacific Ocean, experience magical benefits of indigenous Maori well-being remedies using the renowned microbacterial properties of wild Manuka honey with locally sourced blossoms, herbs and china clay in restful and reviving therapies for men and women – individually designed, or by special chiefs permission in sharing the traditional Fijian Kava Ceremony gain access to the ancient fire walking sites and be initiated into the secret rituals local tribesman undertake to walk the hot stones safely. The very best of our Navigate collection brings unprecedented experiences to the international traveler”!
Treat yourself to a luxury break at one of these eight stunning luxe properties in the most sought after locations in New Zealand and Fiji with unprecedented savings. Whether it’s to rejuvenate, relax, experience gastronomic delights or for a decedent short break.
All experiences are valid to 31 March 2009 and include the very best accommodation in your choice of a luxury lodge, retreat or private island.
New Summer 2009 Experiences:
• Spa: Manuka Honey Spa Retreat Experiences on Cavalli Island. Experience the magical benefits of indigenous Maori well-being remedies and a range of unique organic treatments delivered by New Zealand’s very best spa therapists. They carefully combine the renowned microbacterial properties of wild Manuka honey with locally sourced blossoms, herbs and china clay in supremely restful and reviving therapies for men and women – each individually designed. www.cavalliislandretreat.co.nz
• Culture: Legendary Love Experiences at Kawaha Point Lodge. The award-winning luxury of Kawaha Point Lodge sits serenely on the water’s edge of Lake Rotorua. Your day of romance and unforgettable scenery starts by private helicopter direct from Kawaha Point Lodge to Mokoia Island where a knowledgeable guide takes you deeper into this triumphant love story. Then a luxury motor yacht takes you back across Lake Rotorua to the Kawaha Point Lodge private jetty. www.kawahalodge.co.nz
• Wilderness: Walks on the Wilderness Side at Treetops Lodge & Wilderness Experience. Every guest also receives a map with guides to extensive safe, self-guided walks that helpfully identifies native birds and introduced animals you might see. With seven trout fishing streams, four lakes, riding, mountain-bike expeditions and over 70 kilometers of hiking or walk trails, Treetops offers every guest a new unforgettable walk – and much more – on its wilderness side. www.treetops.co.nz
• Adventure: Abel Tasman & West Coast Wilderness by Sea & Air at Edenhouse. Enter the world-renowned Abel Tasman by boat to experience golden beaches, turquoise waters, native bush and pristine marine reserves. After lunch take off from Awaroa Beach by fixed-winged aircraft or helicopter and then fly for up to two hours. Share unforgettable bird’s-eye views of Abel Tasman National Park, flying over Golden Bay to Farewell Spit, the longest natural sandbar in the world. Your air-expedition flies on down the West Coast following the route where it meets the crashing Tasman Sea, seeing coastal forests and New Zealand’s unique Nikau palms. Land at Karamea, probably New Zealand’s most isolated town, to enjoy a drink with the West Coasters at the Karamea Village Hotel. www.edenhouse.co.nz
• Discover: Whale, Fossil Fossicking and Wine Experiences at Claremont Country Estate. First, fly scenically to Kaikoura by private light aircraft where you will share the astonishing experience of whale watching in the Pacific Ocean, by boat or aircraft. Your second day starts with a fascinating guided Land Rover safari through the 2,400 acre Claremont Estate to view the astounding natural formations called God’s Marbles and then you go fossil fossicking with local paleontologist Leigh Love who guides you to areas of the Waipara riverbed known to contain marine fossils and remarkable geological features. www.claremont-estate.com
• South Pacific: Legendary Fire-walking Experiences at Royal Davui Island, Fiji. Your Fijian-firewalking experience begins with a boat ride across the lagoon waters from Royal Davui Island to Dakuibeqa on Beqa Island. Here you must first request permission to gain access to the ancient fire-walking site by sharing a traditional Fijian Kava Ceremony at the chief’s residence. Only then will you be initiated into the secret rituals that the men must undertake in order to cross the hot stones safely – like remaining celibate from their wives for 14 days. Then, safely back across the lagoon to the relaxing sanctuary of Royal Davui, where this privileged experience concludes with an authentic firewalking ceremony. www.royaldavui.com
• Wine: Cycles & Vines Experiences at Greenhill Lodge. Pedal power is a fun and eco-friendly way to explore vineyards, and the world-renowned Ngatarawa Triangle region and Gimblett Gravels appellation are within a few minutes of Greenhill. First you choose to be ‘On Yer Bike’ from mountain bikes, tandems or rickshaws and then we help you select a suitable route. www.greenhill.co.nz
• Gourmet: Tasting the True Wharekauhau Experience at Wharekauhau Lodge and Country Estate. See the day-to-day life of classic sheep raising, and dine on the estate’s prize-winning Texel lamb that uniquely marbles delicate fat throughout its fine flesh. It’s complemented with home-grown produce from the estate’s pesticide-free gardens, including asparagus, tomatoes, herbs, the tasty Pajaro strawberry – even watercress. The terroir of the Wairarapa’s exceptional pinot noir wines perfectly underpins the nature-true flavours from Wharekauhau’s pastures and gardens. www.wharekauhau.co.nz
About Navigate Oceania
The Navigate Oceania Collection of 28 inspired destinations and unique experiences from New Zealand and Fiji’s finest boutique hotels and luxury lodges, an exclusive private island, villas, spa destinations, a luxury expedition-style cruise, and a private motor yacht. Our members are: New Zealand Cavalli Island Retreat and Spa, Cavalli Islands; Paihia Beach Resort and Spa, Bay of Islands; Bay of Island Lodge, Bay of Islands; Oceanic Discoverer; Mission Hills, Bay of Islands; Paihia Beach Resort & Spa, Bay of Islands; Waipoua Lodge, Waipoua Forest; Takatu Lodge & Vineyard, Matakana, The Boatshed, Waiheke Island; Stafford Villa, Auckland; Cotter House, Auckland; Seafields, Whitford; Maungatautari Lodge, Cambridge; Hamurana Country Estate, Rotorua; Kawaha Point Lodge, Rotorua; Treetops Lodge & Wilderness Experience, Rotorua; Chalet Eiger, Lake Taupo; The Millar Road Family, Hawke’s Bay; Wharekauhau Country Estate, Martinborough; The Bolton Hotel, Wellington; Ohtel, Well!ington; Edenhouse, Nelson; Claremont Country Estate, Canterbury; Huntley House, Christchurch; Elm Tree House, Christchurch; Wapiti Park Homestead, West Coast; Takaro Spa Retreat, Te Anau; Fiji Navutu Stars Resort, Yasawas; Royal Davui Island.
For more information on New Zealand and Fiji experiences, visit www.navigateoceania.com.For more information contact their regional specialist Southern Crossings on +64 9 309 5912, email email@example.com or visit www.southern-crossings.com