For one hundred lucky Hertz customers, just 1 Euro (£1 or 1 CHF) a day is all it will cost to rent a vehicle, courtesy of a new Hertz promotion.
From July 15, 2007 until August 15, 2007, customers who rent a Compact Manual vehicle at participating locations in Europe will be eligible for a discounted rental price of 1 Euro (£1 or 1 CHF) per day. Customers simply visit www.hertz.com, click on the promotion banner found on the home page, then click on the “Quote It” button on the offer page. After customers enter their reservation information, a special rate of 1 Euro (£1 or 1 CHF) may display in the rate window.
This promotion is valid on qualifying Hertz Affordable Europe Program non-prepaid rentals of seven days, for Compact Manual vehicles only, at participating locations in Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland (Dublin Airport only), Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal (Lisbon Airport only), Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Rentals must be booked between July 15, 2007 and August 15, 2007, and must take place between July 15, 2007 and November 30, 2007. There are 100 rentals available for the special 1 Euro (£1 or 1 CHF) discount price.
The 1 Euro (£1 or 1 CHF) per day rate includes unlimited mileage, collision damage waiver, theft protection, location service charge, vehicle licensing fees, value added tax and driving privileges for the renter and one licensed driver. Additional charges may apply if any of the following situations occur:
• The car is returned later than the agreed return time
• Additional drivers are required for the vehicle
• The car is returned with less than a full tank of fuel
• An upgrade to a larger car is requested and received
• Additional optional services are required, such as child seats or Hertz NeverLost® in car GPS satellite navigation
• The car is returned to a different location
• The car is damaged during the rental (charges may apply to the extent not covered by CDW)
Standard rental qualifications, rental periods and return restrictions in effect at time and place of rental apply. Normal Hertz Affordable Europe Program rules and restrictions apply. Reservations must be made at least 8 hours in advance from the U.S. or Canada. This offer cannot be combined with any other offers, discounts, coupons or promotions, and the offer cannot be applied to completed rentals. All cars are subject to availability. Blackout periods and other restrictions apply.
For further savings and value, the Hertz Affordable Europe Program offers U.S. and Canadian residents traveling to Europe:
• Flexible payment plans, including the option to lock-in and prepay in U.S. or Canadian currency
• Inclusive rates with Theft Protection (TP) and Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
• Free unlimited mileage
• Free drop-offs between major cities within the country of rental, with the Rent-It-Here, Leave-It-There Program
• Refunds on unused portions of prepaid vouchers and no fee for cancellations
• Instant return service to expedite vehicle drop-off, available in most European cities.
New to the 2007 Hertz Affordable Europe Program are online driving itineraries that allow customers to plan travel for more than a dozen popular locations including, Paris, Oslo, Tuscany, Catalonia, and Dublin.
Hertz customers can also take advantage of a wide range of other programs and services available in Europe, including:
• Hertz NeverLost in-car GPS navigational system, available in 16 European countries
• Hertz Green Collection of environmentally-friendly vehicles that get 42-65 miles per gallon, available at approximately 50 locations
• Hertz Prestige Collection of luxury and high-performance vehicles
• 24-Hour Emergency Roadside Assistance
• Toll-free Affordable Europe Customer Helpline
• Free hotel delivery and collection within many European cities
• English-speaking personnel at Hertz locations
• Long-term rentals and chauffeur-drive programs available
• Hertz #1 Club Gold®, which provides members with expedited travel.
Hertz Affordable Europe is available at more than 2,000 Hertz locations in 53 countries.
Hertz, the world’s largest general use car rental brand, operates from approximately 7,700 locations in 145 countries worldwide. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 69 major airports in Europe, operating both corporate and licensee locations in cities and airports in North America, Europe, Latin America, Australia and New Zealand. In addition, the Company has licensee locations in cities and airports in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. Product and service initiatives such as Hertz #1 Club Gold, NeverLost customized, onboard navigation systems, SIRIUS* Satellite Radio, and unique cars and SUVs offered through the company’s Prestige, Fun and Green Collections, set Hertz apart from the competition. Hertz also operates one of the world’s largest equipment rental businesses, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation (www.hertzequip.com), offering a diverse line of equipment, including tools and supplies, as well as new and used equipment for sale, to customers ranging from major industrial companies to local contractors and consumers through more than 360 branches in the United States, Canada, France and Spain.
# # #
*SIRIUS is a registered trademark of Sirius Satellite Radio, Inc.