Exclusive Access to New Zealand’s Wildlife and Culture and the Chance to Make a Difference
Terra Incognita Ecotours, an adventure travel company that specializes in wildlife-focused ecotours that give travelers the chance to “make a difference” while vacationing is offering a new ecotour of New Zealand for 2010. This unique adventure takes visitors to both the North and South Islands of New Zealand for an up-close and personal exploration of the incredible wildlife, scenery, and culture of the region.
Travelers will experience things like newly-hatched penguins, the flightless kiwi, keas and kakapo, spectacular marine life, Maori culture, high altitude sheep farming, majestic fjords, seals, dolphins, rainforest, glaciers, and so much more. Travelers also have the opportunity to have a positive impact on the local community as Terra Incognita Ecotours donates part of the booking fee to the Tiritiri Matangi Conservation Project, a program that involves protecting indigenous plants and animals on a small island off the coast of New Zealand.
Other highlights of this journey include:
- Taking a ride on the TranzAlpine train, considered one of the top six train journeys in the world.
- Hear private lectures given by local ecotourism experts
- Taking an overnight cruise on the pristine and uncrowded Doubtful Sound, which is three times longer than Milford Sound and has a surface area 10 times larger.
- Take a private cruise to Maud Island in the Marlborough Sounds - a private cruise that can’t be found elsewhere
- Hear a private talk given by Dr. Hamish Campbell, a geologist in residence at the Te Papa National Museum of New Zealand
- Private, expert guides offer unique insight on the Maori culture
- Learning about how New Zealand has harnessed the unique geothermal energy for electricity
Accommodations one night at the Millennium Hotel in Christchurch and the Copthorne Hotel in Wellington; two nights at Arthur’s Pass Wilderness Lodge, Lake Moeraki Wilderness Lodge, Novotel Lakeside in Queenstown, Heartland Hotel in Marlborough, and the Hyatt Regency Auckland
Dates: November 28th-December 11th, 2010. $8,600 per person, Single Supplement is $1,299.
For more information, visit www.ecotours.com or call Call 1-877-GO EXPLORE (877-463-9756).