Celebrate back-to-school season at Barceló Beach Resorts with these two last minute summer packages and save up to 40 percent off.
At Barceló Maya Beach Resort (Mexico), currently in the final stages of a $50 million renovation, families can score a deal on a last blast of fun with a dedicated U-Spa for kids, mocktail menus and more.
Adults looking for a summer-end travel deal can head to Barceló Bávaro Beach Resort (Dominican Republic), offering adults-only accommodations and a PGA-rated championship golf course.
A LAST BLAST OF FAMILY FUN
Barceló Maya Beach Resort (Mexico): Located along the Mexico Caribbean coastline on one of the longest stretches of private beach access in Riviera Maya. Highlights include:
- Customized Spa Treatments — Pampering for any-age, adults can enjoy treatments at the U-Spa while younger guests can enjoy time at Barceló Maya’s U Kids Spa facility, exclusively for children and the first of its kind in Mexico.
- Mocktail Menu & Lessons – The resorts offer a mocktail menu featuring grown-up-like concoctions such as a Barcy Pina Colada and Mayan Sunset at the all the traditional and swim-up bars.
- Cookie Making Classes – Offered as part of programming through the Barcy club, children can learn to make and decorate gourmet cookies from scratch with one of the resort’s professional chefs. Flavors include double-chunk chocolate chip, sugar and rocky road among other varietals.
- Miniature golf – Recently redesigned as part of the renovation, families can perfect their game at the resort’s 18-hole miniature golf course. The course features natural obstacles, like cenotes, that are characteristic of the area.
DEAL DETAILS: Book the Last Summer Getaway package and save up to 30 percent off, valid through October 31, 2014.
Barceló Bávaro Beach Resort (Dominican Republic): Situated in Punta Cana, on one of the world’s best beaches, Barceló Bávaro is an all-inclusive resort complex comprised of two adjacent resorts: the adults-only Barceló Bávaro Beach and the family-friendly Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe. Highlights include:
- Rum tasting – Guests learn the finesse of tasting rum from the on-site rum and cigar lounge with the option of experiencing authentic Dominican cigars.
- Singles week – Each October, Barceló Bávaro brings together single parents from around the world to enjoy for fun and entertainment they wouldn’t normally get to get out and enjoy such as dance parties, themed dinners, speed dating, and even a masquerade ball. During this week, the singles occupancy fee is waived, providing additional savings and value.
- Vegas-style Entertainment and Nightclubs – Guests can enjoy the on-site spectacular theater, complete with Las Vegas-style dancers and outstanding nightly performances as well as trendy nightclubs.
- PGA-Rate Championship Golf – Guests can take a swing at the PGA-rated 18-hole golf course, designed by renowned architect P.B. Dye, with 25 inland lakes and stunning natural surroundings.
DEAL DETAILS: Book the Summer Special package and save up to 40 percent off, as well as a free airport to hotel transfer if you stay a minimum of five nights, valid through October 31, 2014.
Source: Barceló Hotels and Turner PR.
About Ellen Barone: Consumer travel journalist Ellen Barone is the founder and publisher of TravelUpdatesbyEllenBarone.com and YourLifeIsATrip.com. She’s currently at work on her first book - I COULD LIVE HERE.