INNKEEPERS KISS CUPID GOODBYE AND OFFER SPECIAL PACKAGES FOR THE 89 MILLION SINGLES ON VALENTINE’S DAY
BedandBreakfast.com members have romance covered. Stay at a B&B or inn for Valentine’s Day and immediately the beautiful beds, romantic breakfasts, and plenty of pampering amenities makes the heart grow fonder. Fortunately, singles need no longer fear this dreaded “couples” holiday. With 89 million singles in America, it’s no wonder that inns and B&Bs are kissing cupid goodbye and welcoming singles for Valentine’s Day adventures.
BedandBreakfast.com, the largest online B&B directory and reservation network worldwide is the best resource for Valentine’s Day getaways for both singles and couples. Visit www.BedandBreakfast.com and click on the roses and champagne photo on the home page for an extensive list of romantic Valentine’s Day packages. Read on for five fabulous packages that come to the rescue of singles on Valentine’s Day. Listed alphabetically in order by state, all rates are per room, including breakfast, and do not include tax or gratuities (unless otherwise specified.
- Celebrate “Me-dom” at Montgomery Inn, Versailles, KY: Singles, celebrate freedom and “me-dom” by pampering yourself with movies, wine, chocolates and dinner. Select a DVD, magazines, music or books from the inn’s extensive library, then go soak in an oversized whirlpool tub. Enjoy dinner for one and complimentary snacks and beverages too. Offered February 11-17, this package includes a complimentary glass of wine or sparkling cider, a red rose, the inn’s signature chocolate bourbon truffles, and dinner for one for $139 in the Colonial or Maple Suites; add a second night for just $75 (no dinner).
- Find the ski bum of your dreams at Chairlift Speed Dating and Whitney’s Inn, Jackson, NH: They say Valentines Day is just for lovers… but that doesn’t mean they’ve met yet! Those looking for the skier of their dreams may just find him or her on a five-minute chairlift ride at Black Mountain during the third annual Chairlift Speed Dating Event, and then at Whitney’s Inn afterward. Singles, enjoy three-nights lodging, a singles welcome reception on Friday night, entry into the speed dating event on Saturday, a bottle of wine and goodies upon your return (to enjoy with new friends), and dinner for two in the Shovel Handle Pub for Saturday night and breakfast each morning. If you introduce the innkeepers to your new mate, you’ll be treated to a free sleigh ride for two on Sunday. The three-night package, offered February 12-15, including all extras, starts at $459 per person in a queen-bedded room.
- Get over him with help from voodoo dolls, ice cream, and a Southern Comfort tour at the Avenue Inn, New Orleans: Looking for a cure to get “over” him or her? Broken heart recovery takes about one long weekend at the Avenue Inn! Grab a friend and enjoy three nights in a room with two double beds and a private bath. A welcome bag of coupons for shopping (value of $100 in savings), Mardi Gras beads and Southern Comfort souvenirs, plus a copy of the book “He’s Just Not That Into You”, by Greg Behrendt, will be awaiting upon arrival. Best of all, two pints of Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream with large spoons and a voodoo doll with pins and a permanent marker for his or her name will offer particular pleasure this weekend. A front row rocker on the porch, a one hour massage at Belladonna Day Spa, RTA passes for streetcar transportation to the French Quarter and tickets to the Cocktail History Tour are all included in this package, offered throughout February for $369 per person. Book by phone for particulars of this package.
- Celebrate Un-Valentine’s Day at William Henry Inn, Ithaca, NY Wish to say Bah Humbug to the cupids, flowers and romance of Valentine’s Day? Join fellow divorcees in celebrating the passing of Valentine’s Day for another year.The William Henry Miller Inn in Ithaca, NY is managed by Lynnette Scofield and David Dier, two divorced innkeepers who share in the thinking that Valentine’s Day is a holiday meant to simply endure as singles. Join them on Monday, February 15 for an Un-Valentine’s Day celebration. Who says chocolates are just for Valentines? An evening chocolate and dessert buffet will be offered to Un-Valentine’s revelers. Then, relax and relish a full breakfast by firelight the next morning. This package is for Monday, January 15 only; rates start at $165 per night. Be sure to mention you’re coming for the Un-Valentine’s Day celebration.
- The Ultimate Valentine’s Girlfriend Getaway from L’Auberge Provencale, White Post, VA: Trade the chocolate and flowers for Conversation Hearts this Valentine’s Day. This package invites six women to enjoy overnight accommodations at Villa La Campagnette, L’Auberge Provencale’s private villa. Check in at 3:00pm and enjoy hot mulled cider, homemade pastries and cookies by the fire. A casual supper of soup, salad, artisan breads and cheeses, dessert and wine will delivered to your private dining room where conversation, old movies and popcorn can continue well into the night. In the morning relish a full gourmet breakfast then indulge yourself in a manicure and pedicure before heading back to reality. This package is available Sunday through Thursday Feb 7-11 for $1250 for six people (under $210 per person) including one night’s accommodations, dinner, breakfast and spa services.
Not sure what to give that special someone for Valentine’s Day? While the largest majority of singles report they’d rather ignore Valentine’s Day in BedandBreakfast.com’s January, 2010 survey, more than one out of every three respondents involved in a relationship said they wanted a B&B getaway for Valentine’s Day. This Valentine’s Day, give the gift of a special getaway with your favorite person. The Getaway Gift Card from BedandBreakfast.com is welcomed at more than 4,000 B&Bs across the United States and Canada. Consumers love that there are no fees, no taxes, no expiration or blackout dates, and that free shipping is always available. Instant online buying means that shoppers can give a no-strings gift that offers complete flexibility. Add a customized photo of you with that special someone, and you have the perfect gift that’s tailored to fit; it’s one of the only travel gift cards that offers free photo customization.
About BedandBreakfast.com: Founded in 1995, BedandBreakfast.com is highly recommended by The New York Times, Real Simple, Forbes, Travel & Leisure, USA TODAY and many others. To learn about over 10,000 other perfect choices for your next B&B getaway, visit BedandBreakfast.com, the leading online bed and breakfast directory and reservation network worldwide. A variety of search functions and extensive maps enable inngoers to find the perfect B&B. Travelers can make reservations online, purchase The Getaway Gift Card from BedandBreakfast.com, welcomed at over 4,000 B&Bs in the U.S. and Canada, read up-to-date trip reports on The BedandBreakfast.com Blog, read and write independent reviews, and post questions on expert-hosted message boards. Additionally, for information on a range of independently owned distinctive lodging, visit BedandBreakfast.com’s sister site, www.Inns.com.