Abercrombie & Kent Journeys for Women offer stress-free getaways
“An escape from day-to-day responsibilities.” “Learning something new in a fun and trusting environment.” “Reconnecting with those who know me best.” These are just some of the reasons more and more women are turning toward travel with friends, sisters and mothers as a remedy to life’s everyday pressures. But planning a “girlfriend getaway” that appeals to everyone can sometimes cause more stress than enjoyment. Abercrombie & Kent’s Journeys for Women offer opportunities to discover the world’s most remarkable destinations in the company of other women, experiencing sightseeing and activities presented from a woman’s perspective. And with ten different pre-planned travel experiences to choose from, the only anxiety comes from what to pack.
In destinations around the globe, these trips include inspiring cultural and educational experiences for women of all ages. Learn the secrets of French cuisine during a private cooking lesson at the École Ritz Escofier in Paris. Raft Cataract Canyon with a team of female rafting guides. Explore historic sites, from the Female Warriors at the Yangling excavation in Xian to the palace of Versailles, in the company of guides who illuminate these must-see destinations from a rewarding new point of view.
“Our Journeys for Women itineraries are thoughtfully created, with just the right balance of guided sightseeing, insider access and of course, downtime to relax,” says Ann Epting, Senior Vice President of Planning for Abercrombie & Kent. “This ensures a meaningful and memorable travel experience … the type of vacation you’ve always dreamed of but just don’t have the time to organize.”
This type of travel appeals to a number of different types of women, including mothers and daughters looking to reconnect, long-time friends who want to get away for a reunion or like-minded women who wish to learn about other cultures. Journeys for Women also appeal to solo travellers such as married women whose husbands doesn’t like – or don’t have the time to travel — or single women who want to travel as part of an escorted group, but don’t want to be the odd one out on a trip full of couples.
Customized departures for women in 2009 include Cataract Canyon River Rafting and nine other women’s interest departures in Southern and East Africa, Egypt, China, France, Northern India, Sicily and Chile & Argentina:
- Highlights of Northern India (October 3 – 17, 2009) From a cocktail reception and dinner with a socialite art collector to a visit to an NGO with a lecture on women’s issues, your journey lets you sample India’s colorful culture. Fifteen days from $9,835.
- Highlights of Sicily (October 7 - 16, 2009) Visit a famous marzipan pastry shop, meet an art historian at her family’s palazzo and participate in a cooking class and ceramic painting workshop to see Sicily from a woman’s perspective. Ten days from $8,990.
- Highlights of Chile and Argentina (October 9 – 18, 2009) This feast for the senses includes a cooking experience with a local chef, wine and chocolate tasting, a visit to Lavender Tea House, and a yoga class and spa treatment. Ten days from $8,365.
- Highlights of Paris and Normandy (October 11-19, 2009) Tour Versailles and learn about the women who lived there, discover the secrets of the French cuisine at L’Ecole Ritz Escoffier in Paris and attend a lecture about women’s roles in art and history. Nine days from $10,120.
- Highlights of Burgundy, Provence and the Riviera (October 18 – 26, 2009) Beautiful southeastern France is the setting for this exciting journey. Privately dine with a comtesse, visit a chocolatier in St-Remy-de-Provence and create your own perfume in Grasse. Nine days from $9,620.
- Highlights of China (October 23 – November 4, 2009) Join an expert for a discussion of women in Asian art and design, walk along the Great Wall, see the Female Warriors in Xian’s Yangling excavation and cruise the Yangzi River in 5-star luxury. Thirteen days from $8,415.
- Highlights of Egypt (October 29 – November 8, 2009) Explore the most significant sites in Egypt with a female Egyptologist. In addition to a talk by the esteemed lecturer Ms. Manal Saad, you cruise the Nile on A&K’s ‘Sun Boat IV’ with a private cooking lesson on board. Eleven days from $6,040.
- Wings over Botswana (November 3 – 14, 2009) Fly deep into the wilderness of the remote Okavango Delta, a secret oasis in an otherwise water-starved land, learn about the lives of rural indigenous people in a Sixaxa community and glimpse daily life for women in Zambia. Twelve days from $8,895.
For more information, call (800) 554-7094 or go to www.abercrombiekent.com.
About Abercrombie & Kent (A&K)
Born as a safari outfitter in 1962, A&K’s unparalleled travel services now extend around the globe to more than one hundred countries on all seven continents. Described by the Los Angeles Times as “a highly respected company dedicated to conservation and environmentally intelligent tourism,” Abercrombie & Kent was chosen as “Top Luxury Outfitter” by National Geographic Adventure and named one of the “World’s Best Tour Operators & Safari Outfitters” by Travel + Leisure. Travel with Abercrombie & Kent combines the comfort, convenience, service and security of a U.S.-based company with on-site support 24/7 from a network of 62 local offices.