United States and Canadian residents traveling to Europe can take advantage of a special offer from Hertz designed to make renting a vehicle even easier and more affordable.
U.S. and Canadian customers who rent a Compact through Intermediate vehicle at any participating Hertz location in Europe can receive a free, one car-class upgrade. The offer is valid on qualifying Hertz Affordable Europe® rentals of one or more days in more than 25 European countries, including the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Ireland, Luxembourg, Macedonia and Belgium. Reservations must be booked between June 15 and September 30, 2007 and vehicles picked up between September 1 and October 31, 2007.
To take advantage of this offer, customers can call Hertz International Reservations at 1-800-654-3001 and must mention Promotion Code 103843 at the time of reservation, or visit www.hertz.com and enter the Promotion Code in the appropriate field during the online reservation process.
For both phone and online reservations, customers must also present the offer page found in the “To Europe, Middle East, Africa” tab of the “Special Offers” section of hertz.com at time of rental pick up. Customers may also make reservations through their travel agent.
Travel agents can make reservations by logging on to hertzagent.com, calling Hertz’s toll-free International Ambassador Line, 1-800-654-8881, or accessing Hertz’s DRS pages, keyword INTL. Agents must give their clients a copy of the offer page, which can be found in the “Client Offers” tab of the “Special Offers” section of hertzagent.com, to present at time of rental pick-up.
Standard rental qualifications, rental periods and return restrictions in effect at time and place of rental apply. Reservations must be made at least 8 hours in advance from the U.S. or Canada. This offer cannot be combined with any other offers, discounts, coupons or promotions, and the offer cannot be applied to completed rentals. All cars are subject to availability. Blackout periods and other restrictions apply.
For further savings and value, the Hertz Affordable Europe Program offers U.S. and Canadian residents traveling to Europe:
• Flexible payment plans, including the option to lock-in and prepay in U.S. or Canadian currency
• Inclusive rates with Theft Protection (TP) and Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
• Free unlimited mileage
• Free drop-offs between major cities within the country of rental, with the Rent-It-Here, Leave-It-There Program
• Refunds on unused portions of prepaid vouchers and no fee for cancellations
• Instant return service to expedite vehicle drop-off, available in most European cities.
New to the 2007 Hertz Affordable Europe Program are online driving itineraries that allow customers to plan travel for more than a dozen popular locations including, Paris, Oslo, Tuscany, Catalonia, and Dublin.
Hertz customers can also take advantage of a wide range of other programs and services available in Europe, including:
• NeverLost® in-car GPS navigational system, available in 16 European countries
• Hertz Green Collection of environmentally-friendly vehicles that get 42-65 miles per gallon. Green Collection vehicles are available at approximately 50 locations in Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
• Hertz Prestige Collection of luxury and high-performance vehicles, available in France, Germany, Ireland, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom
• 24-Hour Emergency Roadside Assistance
• Toll-free Affordable Europe Customer Helpline
• Free hotel delivery and collection within many European cities
• English-speaking personnel at Hertz locations
• Long-term rentals and chauffeur-drive programs available
• Hertz #1 Club Gold®, which provides members with expedited travel.
Hertz Affordable Europe is available at more than 2,000 Hertz locations in 53 countries. Hertz, the world’s largest general use car rental brand, operates from approximately 7,700 locations in 145 countries worldwide. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 69 major airports in Europe, operating both corporate and licensee locations in cities and airports in North America, Europe, Latin America, Australia and New Zealand. In addition, the Company has licensee locations in cities and airports in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. Product and service initiatives such as Hertz #1 Club Gold®, NeverLost® customized, onboard navigation systems, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, and unique cars and SUVs offered through the company’s Prestige, Fun and Green Collections, set Hertz apart from the competition. Hertz also operates one of the world’s largest equipment rental businesses, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation (www.hertzequip.com), offering a diverse line of equipment, including tools and supplies, as well as new and used equipment for sale, to customers ranging from major industrial companies to local contractors and consumers through more than 360 branches in the United States, Canada, France and Spain.